Fall is officially here, and there are all kinds of fun Queen Anne events to celebrate the turn of the season and other fun activities. Check them out below…
- October 4 – Swedish Pancakes at the Swedish Club NW: On the first Sunday of every month, the Swedish Club NW hosts a traditional pancake breakfast! The pancake breakfast this month will take place on Sunday, October 4th. Enjoy music, dancing, and delicious pancakes with lingonberries and all of the fixings! The breakfast is from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., and costs $7 for club members, $5 for kids ages 5-12, and $9 for guests.
- October 6 – Fall Breakfast Fundraising Event at the Seattle Children’s Museum: Each year, the Seattle Children’s Museum hosts a fall breakfast event to raise funds supporting their work with children throughout the year. This year’s breakfast takes place on October 6th at 7:30 a.m. at the Fisher Pavilion in the Seattle Center. The event features a presentation from world-class climber and best-selling author Ed Viesturs. The suggested donation for a breakfast seat is $150/person, and for a VIP ticket to include a meet-and-greet with Ed following the event, $250/person.
- October 9 – Scandinavian Folkdance & 50-Year Celebration: Take part in a celebration of 50 years of folkdancing at the Swedish Club NW on Friday, October 9th starting at 8 p.m.
- October 10 – Robothon: Robot enthusiasts, get ready! Saturday, October 10th is Robothon 2015. Head to the Seattle Center Armory to enjoy combat robot wars, Robo-Magellan, line-following, line maze, Minisumo and a Walker Race between robo-inventions! This event is free and open to the public, from 9 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- October 11 – Seattle Children’s Festival: For one day only, enjoy Northwest Folklife’s annual Seattle Children’s Festival! This is a free event at the Seattle Center, showcasing and celebrating the families of the Northwest and introducing kids to new cultures and their traditions. There will be live performances, workshops, games and activities for kids of all ages and their families on October 11th from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- October 15 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce October Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. This event will take place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on October 15th. The cost is $20 for members, $25 for non-members. RSVP required, to email@example.com.
- October 17 & 18 – TurkFest 2015: The 15th anniversary celebration of TurkFest comes to the Seattle Center again on October 17th and 18th! There will be live performances, activities, and all kinds of authentic Turkish craft goods and food to showcase the beautiful culture of Turkey and its people.
- October 31 – Costume Carnival at Seattle Children’s Museum: Celebrate Halloween at a free indoor trick-or-treating event on October 31st, from 4 – 8 p.m. at the Seattle Children’s Museum! The Costume Carnival includes games, activities and of course, trick-or-treating for kids aged 10 and younger and their families. Costumes are encouraged, however the museum requests no masks be worn.
Featured photo source: TheChildrensMuseum.org