From the Super Bowl to Valentine’s Day, there is plenty to look forward to this month in Queen Anne events…
- February 1 – Super Bowl Sunday: Visit your favorite Queen Anne sports bar to watch Super Bowl 49, featuring the returning champions, the Seahawks! Sully’s, the 5 Spot, Paragon, and Hilltop Alehouse are some of the favorite stops, and they will all be open. The Swedish Club NW will also be open and showing the game in the bar.
- February 1 – Swedish Pancake Breakfast: Each month, the Swedish Club NW hosts a Swedish pancake breakfast on the first Sunday of the month. Enjoy live music and dancing, plus Swedish pancakes with all of the fixin’s. The breakfast is from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on February 1st, and costs $9 for guests, $7 for club members, and $5 for kids ages 5-12.
- February 2 – Groundhog Day at Seattle Children’s Museum: Learn about shadows in the annual Groundhog Day event at the Seattle Children’s Museum. Animal shadow matching, storytime, groundhog pop-ups and an educational lesson on the science of shadows are just some of the activities and crafts offered in this fun event for kiddos.
- February 7 – Queen Anne Stairway Walks Day: The 3rd Annual Stairway Walks Day is coming up on February 7th, with Feet First. At 14 locations across Seattle, including Queen Anne, urban explorers will participate in guided walks on stairway routes. With dozens of staircases around the hill, the Queen Anne Stairway Walk is bound to be eventful! The walk is from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. noon, and the starting point will be given when you reserve your spot. Suggested donation is $10/person.
- February 14 – Pacific Northwest Regional Yo-Yo Championship: Yo-Yo gurus of the highest level of skill are gathering on February 14th at the Seattle Center Armory for the Pacific Northwest Regional Yo-Yo Championship. Register to compete, or show up to enjoy the performance of fun, crazy skill.
- February 14 – Valentine’s Dinner at Queen Anne Restaurants: Visit your favorite Queen Anne restaurants with your sweetie this Valentine’s Day! LloydMartin will be serving their prix-fixe meal, including wine pairings, for $150/person on both Friday and Saturday: 206-420-7602. How to Cook a Wolf is serving a 5-course meal for $75/person: 206-838-8090. Hommage (formerly the Book Bindery) is also doing something special: 206-283-2665. Betty Restaurant and Lounge will almost certainly have a prix-fixe menu, but they don’t update their website, so we don’t know what it is or the price: 206-352-3773.
- February 15 – Harlem Globetrotters at Key Arena: The Harlem Globetrotters are making a stop at the Key Arena during their 2015 world tour! Get your tickets to see them on February 15th at 2 p.m. Ticket prices range from $34-50.
- February 19 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce February Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. This year’s January luncheon will take place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on February 19th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to email@example.com.
Featured image source: Flickr.com.