We’re starting a new monthly tradition on the Queen Anne, Seattle blog! Near the end of each month, we’ll publish a list of events and activities to do in the following month. So, with no further ado, the following are the Queen Anne events taking place in April:
- April 7-11 & April 14-18 – Seattle Restaurant Week in Queen Anne: Restaurants all over Queen Anne are participating in this bi-annual event! Eat a three-course prix-fixe meal for $28 at several neighborhood restaurants including Betty Restaurant & Bar, Boat Street Café, Collections Café, How to Cook a Wolf, Peso’s Kitchen & Lounge, Ponti Seafood Grill, Portage, Ten Mercer, The Melting Pot Seattle, and Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge.
- April 9 – Interbay P-Patch Food Bank Gardening Kickoff Party: It’s the 25th season of Food Bank Gardening at the Interbay P-Patch! Come celebrate the beginning of the season with a kickoff gardening event on April 9th, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Interbay P-Patch (2451 15th Ave. W.). Come armed with your garden tools, seeds, and plantings! The volunteer gardeners grow food to donate to local food banks during the year, and meet every Tuesday through the end of October from 5:30 p.m. to dusk. Learn more on the P-Patch website.
- April 9 – Volunteer to Assess the Queen Anne Staircases: Sustainable Queen Anne is helping with the Queen Anne Greenway project by holding an evening assessment of the various Queen Anne staircases. This volunteer opportunity will take place on April 9th from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at the latest, and will be auditing the different Queen Anne stairs to check for adequate lighting and conditions of disrepair or overgrowth. Please RSVP (required) to Jody or Heather.
- April 14 – Eat. Run. Hope. (Presented by Ethan Stowell Restaurants): Support Eastside Maternal Fetal Medicine on April 14th. Begin the day with a 5K run/walk at Seward Park, followed by a Chef’s Tent tasting, filled with samplings of food from Seattle’s best chefs (including How to Cook a Wolf’s Ethan Stowell). Wine pairings and microbrews will be available, and each registrant will receive a Mariner’s ticket. Click here for the schedule, more information, and ticket prices.
- April 18 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce April Luncheon: The QA Chamber holds their monthly luncheon this April 18th from 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. This month, they’re holding a special “buy one, get one free” promotion: chamber members who bring a colleague or guest may enjoy the lunch at two for the price of one costs ($25 for two)! RSVP to email@example.com, or on their event listing. Lunch for non-members attending alone is $35.
- April 21 – Earth Day Tree Walk at the Seattle Center: Learn about Seattle’s urban forest by touring trees around the Space Needle. The event takes place on April 21st from 1-3 p.m., and attendees should meet outside the Fisher Pavilion. Visit seattle.gov/trees for more information.
- April 25 – Dining Out for Life in Queen Anne: Several Queen Anne restaurants will be participating in Dining Out for Life. It’s an annual event, where restaurants donate a portion of their proceeds (the following Queen Anne restaurants will be donating 30-50%) towards AIDS service organizations. On April 25th, Dine out for life at Lloyd Martin, McMenamins Queen Anne, or Ponti Seafood Grill.
Featured photo from the Seattle Restaurant Week website.