Are you enjoying your summer? There are some fun Queen Anne events coming up in our neighborhood next month! Check them out:
- Wednesdays in August – Wine Wednesday Tastings at Twirl Café: Enjoy dinner or a crostini plate with three hand-selected wines from rotating regions! This weekly event at Twirl Café is from 5 – 8 p.m. and costs $5 per tasting. Wines by the glass are $2 off. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- Thursdays in August – Queen Anne Farmer’s Market: Summer is in full swing, and that means the weekly Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is going on! Visit the corner of Queen Anne Avenue N and West Crockett Street each Thursday from 3 – 7:30 p.m. Then, head to Twirl Café afterward for their after party event!
- Fridays in August – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.), and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- Saturdays in August – Family Spaghetti Dinner Social at Twirl Café: From 5 – 8 p.m. on Saturdays in July, Twirl Café is hosting a weekly rotating pasta dinner with beer, wine and espresso. Your pasta dinner and all you can eat salad and garlic bread for $9.95 per plate. Kids 2 and under eat free. The regular menu will also be available. There will be activities for kids ages 6 and under. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- Saturdays in August – Seattle Center Movies at The Mural: Enjoy free movies by moonlight in the Seattle Center’s Mural Amphitheater every Saturday in August for Movies at the Mural. Hugo will be showing August 3rd, The Avengers on August 10th, The Help on August 17th and Les Miserables on August 24th. Bring your picnic snacks, or buy from the food carts and Seattle Center Armory nearby. Seating is first-come, first-served, so get here early to get a good spot! The shows start at about 9 p.m.
August 6 – Night Out Against Crime: Seattle is celebrating its 29th Annual Night Out Against Crime on August 6th. Register with the city to have your block closed for the event, then place your event on the citywide map, and have your block party! If you’re not up for putting on a big event yourself, check out the citywide map of parties to find one to visit. There are already three events on Queen Anne, as of the date of this post!
- August 14 – Chateau Ste. Michelle Wine Dinner at The Melting Pot: Enjoy a four-course dinner with wine pairings from Chateau Ste. Michelle winery on August 14th from 5 – 8 p.m. at The Melting Pot. The menu will feature cheese fondue, salad, an entrée and chocolate fondue with selected wines. Winemaker Wendy Stuckey from the winery will be at the event to share information and answer questions. The cost is $49 per person, and reservations are required. Call 206-378-1208.
- August 15 – Queen Anne Chamber August Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:30 p.m. on August 15th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured photo from SeattleCenter.com.