Summer is coming to an end, but there are still some exciting Queen Anne events to look forward to in the next month! Read on for the details:
- September 1 – Queen Anne Walking Tour: Realtor, Architect and Historian Nicole Demers-Changelo will lead a historic walking tour of Queen Anne on Sunday, September 1st. The walk begins at 10 a.m. at Kerry Park. A minimum of $20 donation is requested – 100% of proceeds will go to one of three Queen Anne nonprofits. The September 1st tour will benefit Beginnings School. RSVP (required) to 206-271-1267 or email email@example.com.
- Wednesdays in September – Whine Wednesday Tastings at Twirl Café: Enjoy dinner or a crostini plate with three hand-selected wines from rotating regions! This weekly event at Twirl Café is from 5 – 8 p.m. and costs $5 per tasting. Wines by the glass are $2 off. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- Thursdays in September – Queen Anne Farmer’s Market: Summer is in full swing, and that means the weekly Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is going on! Visit the corner of Queen Anne Avenue N and West Crockett Street each Thursday from 3 – 7:30 p.m. Then, head to Twirl Café afterward for an after party event!
- Fridays in September – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.) presented by Video Isle, and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- September 10 – Almquist Family Vintners Wine Dinner at The Book Bindery: Enjoy wine, food and conversation with Almquist Family Vintners’ winemaker, Michael Almquist! On September 10th at The Book Bindery, there will be a Wine Dinner featuring the winery. The dinner includes a specialty cocktail reception and five-course tasting menu featuring five Almquist wines. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. and costs $150. Seating is limited, so reserve your space by calling 206-283-2665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 19 – Queen Anne Chamber September Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:30 p.m. on September 19th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to email@example.com.
- September 21 – ‘Brainiacs’ Parents’ Night Out at the Pacific Science Center: Parents, enjoy a special night out while kids get to play at the Pacific Science Center – with after-hours access to the Center’s exhibit halls, IMAX film, planetarium presentation and laser light show. Your child(ren) will also have dinner from a build-your-own nacho bar and a snack later on. Experienced staff will be on hand to supervise kids of all age groups. This is available for kids in grades K-6. Drop off between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. on September 21st, and pick up between 10 – 11 p.m. The cost is $40 per child, or $30 for Center members. Pre-registration is required. Register here for the September 21st ‘Brainiacs’ night, where kids will learn about the different parts of the brain and central nervous system.
- September 28 – ‘Kids Can’ Family Day at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Learn about the ways that kids can give back at this special event at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, ‘Family Day: Kids Can’. There will be inspiring stories, opportunities for families to volunteer and get connected, and fun activities. This is a free and family-friendly event.
Featured photo from the Almquist Family Vintners Facebook Page.