It’s officially fall, and Halloween is nearly here! Mark your calendars for these fun, (many family-friendly) Queen Anne events coming up in October:
- Wednesdays in October – Whine Wednesday Tastings at Twirl Café: Enjoy dinner or a crostini plate with three hand-selected wines from rotating regions! This weekly event at Twirl Café is from 5 – 8 p.m. and costs $5 per tasting. Wines by the glass are $2 off. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- Thursdays in October – Queen Anne Farmer’s Market: Summer is in full swing, and that means the weekly Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is going on! Visit the corner of Queen Anne Avenue N and West Crockett Street each Thursday from 3 – 7:30 p.m. Then, head to Twirl Café afterward for an after party event, with $2 craft beer, ½ priced wine by the bottle, and more!
- October 3 – Audrey Daniels Jewelry Trunk Show at Three Birds: From 4 – 7 p.m. on October 3rd, Three Birds Home and Gifts will be hosting Audrey Daniels for a trunk show of her delightful, locally-made jewelry! Browse, buy, and imbibe on Champagne and light appetizers.
- Fridays in October – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.) presented by Video Isle, and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- October 13 to 17 – Seattle Restaurant Week at Queen Anne Restaurants: The fall run of Seattle Restaurant Week is here! Three-course dinners for only $28, and many three-course lunches for $15 will be available from October 13th through 17th. Dine at restaurants around Queen Anne, including Betty Restaurant & Bar, Chinoise Café, Collections Café (lunch too!), How to Cook a Wolf, Peso’s Kitchen & Lounge (lunch too!), Ponti Seafood Grill, Portage, Ten Mercer, and The Melting Pot.
- October 17 – Queen Anne Chamber October Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:30 p.m. on October 17th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to email@example.com.
- October 26 & 27 – Dia de Muertos at Seattle Center: Join in a Mexican celebration to remember our departed at the Seattle Center’s Dia de Muertos on October 26th and 27th. Experience Mexican culture and food, plus performances, sand paintings, activities, face painting and rituals. The event will take place in the Armory and Center House Main Floor of the Seattle Center.
- October 31 – Annual Queen Anne Trick-or-Treat: Each year, merchants along Queen Anne Avenue get gussied up in costume and pull out giant bowls to fill with candy for the kids in costume who roam the avenue for Halloween. The event takes place from 3 – 6 p.m. in the last week of October, and while a day has yet to be set for the event this year (at least as far as we can tell), we’re putting a placeholder on the 31st.
Featured photo from SeattleCenter.com, ©Isaac Hernandez.