Happy Holidays! Find out about the fun seasonal happenings and Queen Anne events coming up in December here:
- All December – Festivals of Light at Seattle Children’s Museum: Seattle Children’s Museum is holding their holiday Festivals of Light all month long. This is a great opportunity for kids and their families to learn about the food, decorations, games, activities, music and more of different cultural holidays in the Festivals of Light. From Hanukkah to Kwanza, your child will get to explore winter holidays from the perspective of children around the world.
- All December – Christmas Ships Festival: Since 1949, Argosy Cruises has put on the annual Christmas Ships festival! Throughout December, you can enjoy live choral performances throughout the city, as well as Christmas Ship cruises, dinner cruises and more. Click here for a schedule of events and sailings.
- Wednesdays in December – Whine Wednesday Tastings at Twirl Café: Enjoy dinner or a crostini plate with three hand-selected wines from rotating regions! This weekly event at Twirl Café is from 5 – 8 p.m. and costs $5 per tasting. Wines by the glass are $2 off. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- Fridays in December – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.) presented by Video Isle, and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs. RSVP-optional, but RSVPs get entered in Twirl’s monthly raffle. RSVP here.
- December 6 – Holiday Magic on Upper Queen Anne: Every year, the shops and businesses along Queen Anne Avenue celebrate the season with special sales, free holiday goodies, and more! Holiday Magic on upper Queen Anne is happening on December 6th this year. Visit the stores, cafés, restaurants, and businesses along the avenue between 4 – 8 p.m. to join in on the fun!
- December 8 – Lucia Fest at the Swedish Club Northwest: Celebrate St. Lucia in the Lucia Fest at the Swedish Club Northwest. On December 8th, starting at 3 p.m., there will be a free event for the whole family, with live music, treats, dancing, and more!
- December 11 – Storytime at Twirl Café: On the second Wednesday of each month, Tegan from Queen Anne Book Company is at Twirl Café for a fun storytime. From 10 – 10:30 a.m. in the upstairs area at Twirl, kids of all ages can enjoy this monthly event.
- December 12 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce Holiday Lunch: Enjoy a delicious catered meal, white elephant gift exchange, and holiday fun with neighbors and community members at the Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce Holiday Lunch! It’s on December 12th from 11:15 a.m. until 1 p.m., and will be held at the Church of Scientology at 300 West Harrison Street. RSVPs required to email@example.com.
- December 14 – Lucia Bal: A St. Lucia pageant, julbord extravaganza, live music and dancing will be happening at the Swedish Club Northwest on December 14th as part of the club’s Lucia Bal! The event starts at 5:30 p.m. and is $60 per person ($55 if you mail it in before December 7th to Ann-Margret Lightle, 20908 Cascade Ridge Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98274). RSVP is requested – email or call 360-391-2740.
Featured photo from TravelswithPersephone.blogspot.com.