What are you up to next month? These Queen Anne events will fill up your calendar with fun activities, community get-togethers, and family-friendly happenings…
- March 2 – Hot Chocolate 15K/5K at Seattle Center: It’s the sweetest race in the country! Head to the Seattle Center on Sunday, March 2nd for the Hot Chocolate 15K or 5K. Register for the 5K for $47, or the 15K for $69. The races get going early – the 5K starts at 5:45 a.m. – so get there on time to race and enjoy some hot chocolate!
- March 2 – March Swedish Pancakes at the Swedish Club NW: It’s a monthly event at the Swedish Club Northwest… the Sunday morning Swedish Pancake Breakfast! Authentic pancakes, plus all of the fixings, music, dancers and more. The cost is $9 for guests, $7 for club members, and $5 for kids ages 5 – 12. Doors open at 8 a.m.
- Wednesdays in March – Wine Wednesday Tastings at Twirl Café: Enjoy three hand-selected wines from rotating regions! This weekly event at Twirl Café is from 5 – 8 p.m. and costs $5 per tasting. Half priced wines by the bottle (select variety) will be available for purchase as well.
- Fridays in March – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.) presented by Video Isle, and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs.
- March 7 – First Friday Jazz at the Swedish Club NW: Head over to the Swedish Club Northwest on March 7th for the monthly Friday Jazz night! Lushy will lead the night, starting at 6 p.m. with space-age jazz for the 21st century.
- March 12 – March Queen Anne Book Co. Storytime at Twirl: On the second Wednesday of every month, Tegan from the Queen Anne Book Co. does a FREE storytime at Twirl Café! Come join us for this fun event for kids of all ages on March 12th from 10 – 10:30 a.m.
- March 15 & 16 – Irish Festival at the Seattle Center: Participate in Gaelic Games, Irish tunes, step dancing, language lessons, genealogy tracing, cultural exhibits and more at the Irish Festival! Put on by the Irish Heritage Club of Seattle, the event takes place at the Seattle Center March 15th and 16th. Admission is free!
- March 20 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce March Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on March 20th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to email@example.com.
Featured photo from Gametiime.com.