In addition to the opening of the Queen Anne Farmers Market on June 5th, we have several other family-friendly Queen Anne events to look forward to next month…
- Wednesdays in June – Wine Wednesday Tastings at Twirl Café: Enjoy three hand-selected wines from rotating regions! This weekly event at Twirl Café is from 5 – 8 p.m. and costs $5 per tasting. Half priced wines by the bottle (select variety) will be available for purchase as well.
- Fridays in June – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.) presented by Video Isle, and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs.
- June 5 – Opening Day of the Queen Anne Farmer’s Market: The Queen Anne Farmers Market is back, starting June 5th! At this opening day event, there will be a radish race, live music, complimentary food samples, food trucks, and more – plus the regular produce, food and gift booths. The opening day event begins at 3 p.m., and continues until 7:30 p.m. The Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is open every Thursday from June through October 16th, from 3 – 7:30 p.m. at the corner of Queen Anne Ave N and W. Crockett Street.
- June 6 – National Day Dinner at the Swedish Club NW: Celebrate Sweden’s Nationaldagen at the Swedish Club NW on June 6th. There will be a full dinner (RSVP only) by Archipelago Catering, Nordiska Folkdancers, Swede of the Year announcement, and more!
- June 7 – Annual Swedish and American Car Show: The exciting annual show of American and Swedish cars is from noon until 4 p.m. on June 7th at the Swedish Club NW. There will be cold food and drinks available at the bar.
- June 7 – Rat City Rollergirls at Key Arena: The Rat City All-Stars are racing in season 10’s bout 6 on June 7th at the Key Arena. The Doors open at 4:30 p.m. and the race begins at 5:30 p.m.
- June 7 & 8 – Pagdiriwang Philippine Festival at Seattle Center: The annual Pagdiriwang festival will take place at the Seattle Center from June 7th through 8th. The festival is held in the Armory and Mural Amphitheater by the Filipino Cultural Heritage Society of Washington, and has been an annual event at the Seattle Center since 1987.
- June 11 – June Queen Anne Book Co. Storytime at Twirl: On the second Wednesday of every month, Tegan from the Queen Anne Book Co. does a FREE storytime at Twirl Café! Come join us for this fun event for kids of all ages on June 11th from 10 – 10:30 a.m.
- June 19 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce June Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on June 19th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to email@example.com.
- June 20 – Midsommar Smörgåsbord at Swedish Club NW: Enjoy food and music in the evening at the Swedish Club Northwest on June 20th.
- June 28 – June Mimosa Brunch at Twirl Café: On the last Saturday of each month, Twirl Café is holding a fun Mimosa Brunch with a food special! A huevos rancheros breakfast burrito is the food special for the June 28th event, with a mimosa on the side (alcoholic or non). Regular play admission is free when you spend $20+ on food and beverages.
Featured photo from FestalPagdiriwang.com.