Summer is in full swing! Which Queen Anne events are you planning to attend this August? Here are some ideas…
- Fridays in August – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.) presented by Video Isle, and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs.
- Fridays in August – Concerts at Seattle Center’s Mural Amphitheatre: Starting at 5:30 p.m. every Friday in August, you can enjoy free live concerts at the Seattle Center’s Mural Amphitheatre. Click here for details.
- August 1 – First Friday Jazz at the Swedish Club NW: Head to the Swedish Club Northwest on Friday, August 1st for their monthly jazz night! Redshift will be playing for Happy Hour, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturdays in August – Movies at the Mural: Every Saturday in August, the Seattle Center is hosting free movies by moonlight in the Mural Amphitheatre. Seating is first-come, first-served, so come early and bring your low-backed chairs, blankets and snack! You can purchase food and beverages from food carts nearby of from the Seattle Center Armory, or bring your own. Movies begin at dusk (approximately 9 p.m.).
- August 3 – Swedish Pancakes at the Swedish Club NW: Enjoy live music, dancing, and Swedish pancakes with all of the fixin’s on Sunday, August 3rd for the Swedish Club NW’s monthly feed from 8 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. Live music will be provided by the Nordic Reflections and Folk Voice Band. Entry is $9 for guests, $7 for club members, and $5 for kids ages 5-12.
- Wednesdays in August – Wine Wednesday Tastings at Twirl Café: Enjoy three hand-selected wines from rotating regions! This weekly event at Twirl Café is from 5 – 8 p.m. and costs $5 per tasting. Half priced wines by the bottle (select variety) will be available for purchase as well.
- Thursdays in August – The Queen Anne Farmer’s Market: Each Thursday throughout August, the Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is open on the hill! There’s live music, food trucks, fresh produce, and interesting live events such as chef demos and expert tips. The Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is open every Thursday through October 16th, from 3 – 7:30 p.m. at the corner of Queen Anne Ave N and W. Crockett Street.
- August 13 – August Queen Anne Book Co. Storytime at Twirl: On the second Wednesday of every month, Tegan from the Queen Anne Book Co. does a FREE storytime at Twirl Café! Come join us for this fun event for kids of all ages on August 13th from 10 – 10:30 a.m..
- August 21st – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce August Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on August 21st. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10. August 23 – “Get Back” 50th Anniversary of The Beatles in Seattle ’64: Join in a historic tribute to celebrate The Beatles and musicians from all over. On August 23rd, bands and musicians will be playing the original set performed by The Beatles at the Seattle Coliseum concert in 1964. A 50-piece Synergia Northwest Orchestra will be backing them up. The performance will take place Saturday, August 23rd at 8 p.m. Tickets are $36.50-$86.50.
- 11. August 30 – August Mimosa Brunch at Twirl Café: On the last Saturday of each month, Twirl Café is holding a fun Mimosa Brunch with a food special! The brunch includes a food special for the August 30th event, with a mimosa on the side (alcoholic or non). Regular play admission is free when you spend $20+ on food and beverages.
Featured photo from McCawHall.com.