How time flies! It’s nearly October, and that means Fall is in full swing. Halloween is just around the corner, and we’re looking forward to these fun Queen Anne events…
- Thursdays in October – The Queen Anne Farmer’s Market: Each Thursday through October 16th, the Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is open on the hill! There’s live music, food trucks, fresh produce, and interesting live events such as chef demos and expert tips. The Queen Anne Farmer’s Market is open every Thursday through October 16th, from 3 – 7:30 p.m. at the corner of Queen Anne Ave N and W. Crockett Street.
- Fridays in October – Movie & Pizza Night at Twirl Café: Rotating pizzas and movie snacks will be available at Twirl’s weekly movie and pizza night. From 5 – 8 p.m. on Fridays, Twirl will serving pizza and dinner specials for a $7 rotating pizza selection, or $4 cheese pizza. They be playing a G-rated movie (movie starts at 6 p.m.) presented by Video Isle, and kids are encouraged to wear their PJs.
- October 3 & 4 – 3rd Anniversary Event at LloydMartin: To celebrate their 3rd anniversary, Chef Sam Crannell and LloydMartin are doing tapas and cocktails evenings on both October 3rd and 4th. Entry are $50/person at the door, and include as much as you like from 10 of the restaurant’s signature favorite dishes served throughout the night. Beverages are offered at additional cost.
- October 5 – 18th Annual Puget Sound Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome: Create teams to raise money, pledge and join the 18th Annual Puget Sound Buddy Walk on Sunday, October 5th from 1 – 4 p.m. at the Seattle Center. This event was started to raise awareness and funds for Down Syndrome.
- October 8 – October Queen Anne Book Co. Story time at Twirl: On the second Wednesday of every month, Tegan from the Queen Anne Book Co. does a FREE story time at Twirl Café! Come join us for this fun event for kids of all ages on October 8th from 10 – 10:30 a.m.
- October 8 – Members & Friends Dinner at Swedish Club NW: Head to the Swedish Club NW for their dinner for members and friends on Wednesday, October 8th! Lars Nordstrom from Oregon will be at the club to share about his book, Swedish Roots, Oregon Lives.
- October 11 – Swedish Pancake Dinner & Auction: The Swedish Club Northwest’s major fundraising event of the year is on October 11th, with a dress-up evening, mini-auction, games and pancakes for dinner.
- October 12 – First Annual Seattle Children’s Festival: For the first time ever, celebrate your neighborhood and kiddos in the 1st Annual Seattle Children’s Festival. The event will take place on the Seattle Center grounds October 12th from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m., with no admission fee, for families of all shapes and sizes.
- October 16 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce October Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on October 16th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to email@example.com.
10. October 31 – Costume Carnival at Seattle Children’s Museum: The 3rd annual Seattle Children’s Museum Costume Carnival is on October 31st from 4 – 8 p.m. There will be fun activities and programs for kids ages ten and under, including a not-so-scary haunted mountain, a scavenger hunt, a mad scientist lab, booths, games, crafts, treats and more!
11. October 31 – Halloween Party & Marcus Samuelsson at Swedish Club NW: Award-winning Swedish chef and cookbook writer Marcus Samuelsson will be at the Swedish Club on October 31st to discuss his latest book, do signings, and more. Tickets are $75 for singles, $115 for couples (includes a book). Click here to buy tickets.
Featured photo source.