Happy holidays! Join your neighbors and friends for these fun Queen Anne events and holiday happenings…
- All December – Enjoy sparkling lights, festive entertainment, and holiday activities all throughout December in the Seattle Center’s Winterfest! Admire the magical Winter Train & Village at the Seattle Center Armory – open daily from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Winterfest Art Installations will be shown throughout the Seattle Center Grounds, and the Winterfest Ice Rink is open from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Adults skate for $7, kids ages 6 – 12 skate for $5 (includes skate rental. CASH ONLY). Click here for more details about other Winterfest performances and events.
- All December – Festivals of Light at Seattle Children’s Museum: Seattle Children’s Museum is holding their holiday Festivals of Light all month long. This is a great opportunity for kids and their families to learn about the food, decorations, games, activities, music and more of different cultural holidays in the Festivals of Light. From Hanukkah to Kwanza, your child will get to explore winter holidays from the perspective of children around the world.
- December 5 – Umbrella Tree Grand Opening: After they purchased the old Twirl Café location, Umbrella Tree has been closed for remodel. They will reopen on December 5th with fun activities and demos for the new classes.
- December 5 – Holiday Magic on Queen Anne Avenue: Every year, the merchants and businesses along Queen Anne Avenue get all festive for the Holiday Magic celebration! On December 5th from 4 – 8 p.m., many of the shops and businesses along the avenue will have treats and special sales for neighbors and visitors to enjoy. Santa may just be making a special visit to HomeStreet Bank, as he has in past years!
- December 5 – Tree Lighting at Bethany Presbyterian Church: In an annual event, Bethany Presbyterian Church is hosting their holiday tree lighting ceremony on December 5th. Visit the church at 6pm for the ceremony and a brief re-telling of the Christmas Story, followed by snacks, card- and wreath-making crafts, and a chance to give back by stuffing goodie bags for the New Horizons street youth. All are welcome.
- December 5 & 6 – Santa Visits the Seattle Children’s Museum: Santa will be at the Seattle Children’s Museum on December 5th and 6th to bring Christmas magic to Seattle kids in a variety of fun events. Explore the museum with Santa as your guide in a special after-hours event on the 5th, make a gingerbread house and visit Santa, or climb the museum’s Mountain trail to tell Santa your Christmas wishes. Click here for details.
- December 7 – Swedish Pancakes and Lucia Festival at the Swedish Club NW: The Club’s monthly Swedish Pancakes breakfast will take place December 7th from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Enjoy live music, dancing, and pancakes with all of the fixings: $9 for guests, $7 for club members and $5 for kids (aged 5-12). Starting at 3 p.m., the Swedish Club NW is hosting a Lucia Festival! There will be dancing around the tree, performances by the Swedish Women’s Chorus and Svea Male Chorus, and plenty of cookies. The Lucia Festival is $5 for adults and $3 for kids 12 and younger.
- December 18 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce Holiday Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. This year’s holiday luncheon will take place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on December 18th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December 19 – Lutfisk and Meatball Dinner at the Swedish Club: Guest Chef Bjarne Varnes will be cooking up a traditional Scandinavian lutfisk and meatball dinner at the Swedish Club NW. Lutfisk options include Swedish style (white sauce and hand-ground mustard) and Norwegian style (bacon and peas). Social hour starts the night off at 6 p.m., with dinner at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 before Dec. 17th, $30 after that and at the door. Click here to RSVP!
- December 21 – Rudolph’s 50th Anniversary Celebration: It’s the 50th Anniversary of the classic story of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer® this month, and the Seattle Children’s Museum is celebrating on December 21st! Bring your kiddos to the museum from 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. to join in on the festivities.
Featured photo source.