Spring has sprung! It’s time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful Pacific Northwest weather with some fun neighborhood activities. If you’re interested in hearing more about Queen Anne events coming up in April, read on!
- April 1 – Trivia Night at Swedish Club NW: Members and guests alike are welcome to join in on some fun trivia, with pea soup and limpa bread on Wednesday, April 1st at the Swedish Club NW. Dinner is served at 6 p.m., and trivia starts at 7 p.m.
- April 1 to 4 – Sloppy Hog BBQ Popup Restaurant at LloydMartin: Each year for April Fool’s, Queen Anne restaurant LloydMartin transforms its menu and auro into a new popup restaurant. This year for four days (April 1st – 4th), enjoy tasty barbecue and savory sides at the Sloppy Hog BBQ popup!
- April 3 – Family Fun Night Eggs-travaganza: It is the 5th Annual Eggs-travaganza at the Seattle Children’s Museum! From 5:30 – 7 p.m. on Friday, April 3rd, there will be a fun egg-dying party for the whole family – just bring your own eggs and we will supply the dyes, decorations and snacks! The cost is $3 for members and $5 for non-members.
- April 3 to 19 – Seattle Center Whirligig: The Seattle Center Armory is transformed into a hub of kid-friendly entertainment for a couple of weeks in April with Whirligig. Enjoy balloon artists, face painters, caricaturists, inflatable rides, food, and both free and affordable activities for the whole family. Click here for details on hours and entrance pricing.
- April 10 – Stars on Ice: World-class skating and stunning performance in ice skating will come to the Key Arena on April 10th with the 2015 tour stop for Stars on Ice “Dancing for Joy”. Tickets are on sale for $25-145 – click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
- April 10 to 19 – Kent Stowell’s Swan Lake at PNB: A masterpiece of contemporary ballet, Kent Stowell’s “Swan Lake” returns to the Pacific Northwest Ballet this month! It opens April 10th and concludes on April 19th, so purchase your tickets before they’re sold out.
- April 12 – Swedish Pancake Breakfast: Each month, the Swedish Club NW hosts a Swedish pancake breakfast on the first Sunday of the month. Due to Easter falling on the first Sunday this month, we’re celebrating one week late. Enjoy live music and dancing, plus Swedish pancakes with all of the fixin’s. The breakfast is from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on March 1st, and costs $9 for guests, $7 for club members, and $5 for kids ages 5-12.
- April 16 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce April Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. This year’s January luncheon will take place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on April 16th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured image source: seattlecenter.com.