Warmer days are straight ahead! If you’re looking for some fun activities and Queen Anne events to add to your calendar, here’s the place to find them!
- May 2 – iFEST: The festival for independent game developers, iFEST, comes to the Seattle area on May 2nd, at the Seattle Center Armory. This festival is free, and is from 10:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- May 3 – Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month Celebration: Live performances, visual arts, activities, games, and marketplace booths will be highlighting the rich culture of Asian Pacific-Islanders on May 3rd, from 11:45 a.m. until 5 p.m. for their Heritage Month Celebration at the Seattle Center Armory.
- May 4 – Lemonade Stand Day: Bring your child to the Seattle Children’s Museum on May 4th to learn all of the inner workings of a lemonade stand on Lemonade Stand Day! Kids will learn the math and also the creativity that goes into planning and running their own little lemonade stand business.
- May 5 – GiveBIG Day of Champions: The Seattle Foundation’s GiveBIG, Day of Champions is coming up on Tuesday, May 5th! Donate to the charity (or charities) of your choice on this day to make your donation go further. Neighborhood charities featured for donation include the Seattle Children’s Museum, the Queen Anne Helpline, Queen Anne Historical Society, and the neighborhood Food Bank at Sacred Heart.
- May 9 – Gold Rush Auction at Swedish Club NW: In the club’s largest fundraiser of the year, enjoy an auction, delicious food and beverages and plenty of fun. The Swedish Club NW is hosting “The Gold Rush is On” auction and fundraiser on Saturday, March 9th. Tickets are $75/person.
- May 10 – Mother’s Day Brunch at Queen Anne Restaurants: Mother’s Day is coming up on Sunday, May 10th! Don’t forget to make a brunch reservation with plenty of time before things fill up. Top Queen Anne restaurants for brunch include Toulouse Petit, Peso’s Kitchen & Lounge, and The 5 Spot.
- May 10 – Neil Diamond at Key Arena: The Neil Diamond Tour 2015 is coming to Seattle on May 10th, when the Grammy-winning rock and pop singer will perform at the Key Arena. The show starts at 8p.m.
- May 21 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce May Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. This year’s January luncheon will take place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on May 21st. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured photo source: Pixabay.com.