There are plenty of Queen Anne events for end-of-summer fun throughout the next month! Read all about them below…
- September 5, 6, 7 – Bumbershoot: The biggest music festival in the Pacific Northwest is back on Labor Day weekend! Bumbershoot is September 5th through 7th at the Seattle Center. For three days, enjoy amazing live music performances from your favorite artists and new ones, as well as food trucks and other activities.
- September 13 – Swedish Pancakes at the Swedish Club NW: On the first Sunday of every month, the Swedish Club NW hosts a traditional pancake breakfast! One week late, due to Labor Day, the pancake breakfast this month will take place on Sept. 13th. Enjoy music, dancing, and delicious pancakes with lingonberries and all of the fixings! The breakfast is from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., and costs $7 for club members, $5 for kids ages 5-12, and $9 for guests.
- September 13 – 8th Annual Live Aloha Festival: The Hawaiian Cultural Festival, Live Aloha, comes to the Seattle Center on September 13th for the 8th annual celebration. From 11 a.m. until 7 p.m., guests can enjoy live performances, food vendors, activities, and more at this free event.
- September 17 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce September Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. This event will take place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on September 17th. The cost is $20 for members, $25 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 17 – Seattle Center Sculpture Walk Tour: A new temporary art installation is coming to the Seattle Center on September 4th, with a special Sculpture Walk Tour and artists’ reception on September 17th from 4 – 5 p.m. The tour begins at the south entrance to the Seattle Center Armory, near Starbucks.
- September 19 – Talk Like a Pirate Day: The Seattle Children’s Museum is hosting it’s fun 7th annual Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19th. From 11 a.m. until 2 p.m., the Southworth Buccaneers will be visiting the museum. And all day in the lobby, the wee mateys can create pirate gear, play games and more. Dress up in your pirate outfit and get free admission for up to one child per family.
- September 19 & 20 – Fiestas Patrias at the Seattle Center: Enjoy Latin dancers, music, art and more at the Fiestas Patrias festival at the Seattle Center on September 19th and 20th! There will be live performances, food vendors, children’s activities, a boxing exhibition, and more.
Featured photo source: flipthewaffle.com