Spring is here, and there are lots of fun Queen Anne events to mark your calendars for in the next month…
- April 1-17 – Whirligig at Seattle Center: The Seattle Center Armory transforms into a hub of entertainment for kids with Whirligig, from April 1st through 17th, 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily. There will be inflatables and fun, balloon artists, face painting, caricaturists and much more. Admission is $8 for an all-day pass to the main floor, $4.50 for an all-day Toddler Zone pass, and $1.50 for a ticket to a single ride. Thursdays are free!
- April 1 & 2 – Big Night at LloydMartin: Each year for April Fools, Chef Sam Crannell hosts a pop-up night at LloydMartin restaurant in upper Queen Anne. This year, it’s going to be a Big Night of Italian features, including clams with white wine, lamb meatballs, braised rabbit and ravioli, veal marsala, and more! The menu will be available both April 1st and 2nd, from 4 p.m. until closing, as a la carte or as a chef’s tasting with wine for $90 per person. Click here to view the whole menu.
- April 2 – Ellie Goulding at Key Arena: Ellie Goulding is coming to the Key Arena on Saturday, April 2nd at 7:30 p.m. for her tour supporting her third album, Delirium. Buy tickets.
- April 2 & 3 – Women’s ‘Second Chance’ Clothing Sale: Donate your gently used clothing to the Swedish Club Northwest by Thursday, March 31st, and then return on April 2nd or 3rd to shop! This event is free and for ladies only, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Saturday with the bar open for martinis and manicures, and the sale continues from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sunday.
- April 3 – Swedish Pancake Breakfast at the Swedish Club NW: Visit the Swedish Club NW on Sunday, April 3rd for their monthly pancake breakfast from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.! It’s an authentic Swedish pancake breakfast complete with ham, lingonberries and all of the fixings. There will be dancing, live music from Richard Svensson & Bjarne Jacobsen, Seattle Skandia Spelmanslag, and Smilin’ Scandinavians. The price is $9 for adults, $7 for club members and $5 for children ages 5-12.
- April 8-10 – Annual World Rhythm Festival: Enjoy musical performances and drum/dance workshops at the 23rd Annual World Rhythm Festival at the Seattle Center, from April 8-10. Admission is free, with activities and performances Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- April 8-10 – Shen Yun at McCaw Hall: Enter the Land of the Divine with the all-new 2016 show, Shen Yun. The ballet is performing at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall from April 8th through 10th. Tickets are $60-$180.
- April 11-15 – Spring Discovery Days Camp: The Seattle Children’s Museum is hosting their annual Spring Discovery Days Camp from April 11th through 15th. Each day is themed, from Hawaiian and Japanese culture, to Curious George, bubbles, and s’mores! Campers are separated into two groups, 4-5 year olds and 6-10 year olds. Camp day pricing ranges from $35-$80, depending on whether your child participates for all or half of the day. Register here.
- April 12 – Drop Everything And Read: Tuesday, April 12th is Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) day at the Seattle Children’s Museum! The museum’s exhibits will offer reading friendly activities, such as reading itself, making bookmarks, and more!
- April 15-16 – International Children’s Friendship Festival: Celebrate friendship at the Seattle Children’s Museum, with musical performances, games, arts and crafts, face painting, and more. Children from groups that represent more than 40 countries will be performing cultural dance and singing.
- April 21 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce April Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. This year’s April luncheon will take place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on April 21st. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured photo source: SeattleCenter.org