In addition to earning an extra hour of sleep in the fall Daylight Savings and the oncoming holiday festivities, there are several Queen Anne events to look forward to this month…
- November 1 & 2 – Scandinavian Holiday Bazaar at Swedish Club NW: From November 1st through the 2nd, the Swedish Club Northwest is hosting their annual Scandinavian Holiday Bazaar. There will be crafts, gifts, baked goods, music, entertainment, and more. Admission is only $1, and the event is open from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- November 3 – Umbrella Tree Opens at Twirl Café: The much-loved café and indoor toddler play area, Twirl Café, will be closing on October 31st. On Monday, November 3rd, the place will reopen as Umbrella Tree! Play and eat at the new Umbrella Tree from November 3rd through 20th, when they will close until December 4th for renovations.
- November 3 – Jellyfish Day at the Seattle Children’s Museum: Explore and learn more about a mysterious sea creature, the jellyfish! On November 3rd, from 10:30 a.m. through 2 p.m., the Seattle Children’s Museum will be hosting events and activities focused on the jellyfish for Jellyfish Day!
- November 7 & 8 – Oprah’s “The Life You Want” Weekend at Key Arena: Find your calling and summon the courage to live it out, and fulfill your greatest potential. Oprah comes to town November 7th and 8th in “The Life You Want” tour. Click here to buy tickets.
- November 12 – Dine Out for Coe Elementary at 5 Spot: On Wednesday, November 12th, dine at the 5 Spot from 8:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. and 25% of all food sales will support the Coe Elementary art program!
- November 12 – Members & Friends Dinner at Swedish Club NW: Head to the Swedish Club NW for their dinner for members and friends on Wednesday, November 12th! Kurt Armbruster will be talking about the history of Swedish singing groups and his book, Before Seattle Rocked: A City and Its Music.
- November 15 – Bastille at Key Arena: The popular U.K. band Bastille is playing at the Key Arena on November 15th in their “Bad Blood” The Last Stand Tour. Tickets start at $31.50.
- November 20 – Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce November Luncheon: The Greater Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce meets on the third Thursday of every month. Join the chamber guests and members for networking with other Queen Anne business owners, updates on the events and happenings within the chamber and neighborhood, and words from an occasional speaker. The luncheon takes place at the Best Western Plus Executive Inn at 200 Taylor Ave. N, from 11:15 to 1:00 p.m. on November 20th. The cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP required, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 21, 22 & 23 – The International Gem & Jewelry Show: From November 21st through 23rd, attendees of the International Gem & Jewelry Show can buy gems and jewelry direct from designers at a discount price. The show is held daily at the Seattle Center exhibition hall, and is open to the public.
10. November 22 – TEDxRainier at the Seattle Center: The Seattle-area TED event, TEDxRainier is coming up on November 22nd. The event starts at 9 a.m. at Marion Oliver McCaw Hall, and offers a full day of educational, inspirational, and exceptional TED talks. Ticket prices start at $75 each.
Featured photo source.